Friday, November 12, 2010

Fabric Food!

Hello! Remember the pattern I wanted to try last week? Well I got it! And completed my niece, Abbie's birthday gift. I like the way everything turned out. I did a different fabric for the shopping bag other than just solid green felt. I was more fond of this fabric I already had that says "green" and "love" all over it. And it's just perfect for a sweet, two year old girl.


Here are some pictures of the beginning of my progress. My plan was to take pictures of all of the food items as sort of a before, during and after idea. But I got so into the project that I forgot to pick my camera up after the eggs and squash. But I'll share those with you. :)

Eggs, right after cutting them out.



Egg in process of being sewn on my trusty OLD Singer sewing machine.



Egg getting stuffed after turning it right side out.




Finished eggs! Aren't they cute? The Simplicity pattern makes a half dozen.




Ok, so I just decided that I don't want to put up a pic of the squash in progress, because I only took one picture of it. So instead, I'll just show you some pics of everything finished! That's more fun to look at anyway.


Veggies: squash, eggplant, tomato and carrot. The pattern also has a pumpkin, but I decided not to do it. There were already a lot of orange things. Yep, that's my logic.




Fruits: banana, apple, orange, strawberries and orange slice. The strawberries are probably my favorite. I contemplated keeping one and only giving Abbie two. But that wouldn't be right. She's a baby and I can make more if I want. So she gets all three.




See how cute they are? :) My fingers were super sore after all the hand sewing I did on this project. I usually don't hand sew at all. But I'm happy with the way it all turned out, so it was worth it.




All of the food together.






So there you have it. Completed in less than a week. Now go out and buy the Simplicity pattern 2445 and make a bag-full of fruits, veggies and eggs. Oh...that pattern also comes with a cake and cupcake pattern. I'll save that one for later. Maybe for another niece. :)

1 comment:

melba said...

Sara looks simply excellent!!. I never sow this!!!. Congratulations!!!.