Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fabric Flowers

I've just recently learned how to make these fabric flowers. They are pretty easy! The ones here are some pins, and hair clips I made for a friend's wedding. They were fun! :)



Then I watched a tutorial online of how to make flower bib necklaces and came up with this:


I really like it! It's so bright and fun. And just in case you want to make your own, here are the tutorials I used. :)
For the fabric flowers (also called handkerchief roses) go here:

http://www.eco-proper.com/2010/06/handkerchief-roses.html

You don't have to use handkerchiefs, I just cut squares of pretty fabrics for mine. Except for the white flower. That was a handkerchief.

For the flower bib necklace, I couldn't find the same tutorial I used. It was about 10 minutes long on youtube. But if you go to youtube.com and type in "flower bib necklace" there are some others you can look at. I'm sure they will teach you the same methods. :)

Also I'm excited about making Christmas gifts for this year. I started buying stuff in August, so hopefully I won't wait til the last minute this year. I've been looking at adorable felt play food online lately and I really want to make some for my youngest niece, Abbie. Here is a pattern I want to use from Simplicity. It's so cute.
Ok...well that's all for now. Bye!

1 comment:

Beadyjan said...

thats so pretty - well done